Monday, January 23, 2012

Office Shelves.

After my Office Re-Do I posted about on Friday. We were left with a big blank wall in the office due to furniture rearranging craziness. I really love open shelves but new that we did not have much money in the ol'budget to buy any. So, here is my very cheap solution....see that would laying around on the floor....
It's old wood my Dad had laying around his shop. I tell you that man has everything. After we pulled out a couple of the best pieces we cut them all to the desired size. They all had tons of age and character...which made them perfect for our abode....
 We didn't do anything else to them....just cut measured and Tal hung them evenly on the wall....

I have the hardest time with wall art...I think it is because I like to change stuff up so much that I do not like to do anything very permanent. I love these shelves. #1. Because I could move them to any room in my house and they would look awesome. #2. I can change the art/pictures/accessories out on them at any time.
 Like right now it looks like this...but I already semi-hate it and I am sure it will be different next week... 
I guess it will always give me something to do. Anybody else getting crazy with old wood? This is a great inexpensive shelving solution. I also could easily paint the wood if I ever thought I wanted a not so barn yard look...right now I am really loving the rustic feel. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment