Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dreams Come True...

Yep, I have Chevron in my home!!! You can read all about my love affair here. I initially wanted to paint the pattern on canvas BUT on a random trip to Hancock Fabrics I saw the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Plus, this project was SO much easier than the canvas (I was a little nervous about doing it anyway). Here were our dining room chairs before...They have the smallest seat cushions. It makes them SO easy to re-cover. It only takes 1 yard of fabric and I have some left over. Which made the decision to re-cover them in bright yellow fabric an easy one - because I can also re-cover them in something else quickly. To start I just plopped the chair upside down on my dining room table. Took the screw gun and un-screwed the cushions from the chairs. Easy Peezy. I ripped off the first layer of fabric to uncover yet another layer of fabric....All you do is lay your cushion on top of the fabric...cut to fit.I use the cheapest staple gun that Hobby Lobby sells (I have used it on tons of things - works great) to attach the fabric to the back of the cushion. The corners are tricky - I've googled several techniques in the past but usually just end of winging it. YAH for having some chevron in our crib..... The pictures give it a very mustard yellow color - it looks slightly differant in real life.
Such an easy way to change things up and make me smile HUGE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment