Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Burlap Art?

Not sure that you can call slapping burlap in to a frame art....but we will go with it. During dinner last night...I got slightly creative and decided to add something to those empty frames in our living room. I utilized the leftover burlap I had in my fabric drawer....I simply measured the burlap to be slightly larger than the mat insert....I made sure that you could not see any edges once it was flipped over....I first tried taping the burlap to the mat itself. This proved to be a bad idea. Once it was in the frame it was lumpy and didn't give the smooth surface I was looking for. Therefore, I taped it to the frame back. I eye balled it to make sure it would still fit correctly in my mat. There you have it....burlap art!The frames are RIBBA frames from IKEA. The burlap provides some texture and is slightly darker than the wall color.
I love a project that takes 20 minutes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment