Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Table Runner

Remember all those fun pillows I made a few weeks back (here)? I had extra fabric and I was itchin' to use my sewing machine again......and so a table runner was born. I did the most basic job ever. I know there are fancier ways but I'm a beginner and I will learn those fancy ways later. I simply sprawled out the extra fabric that I had across the table and started pinning....I did zero cutting. Luckily the fabric just happened to be a good length and didn't have much extra on each side.....There were no precise measurements or any of that good stuff. Just eye balled it. It sat pinned on the table for a couple of days. The sewing machine still intimidates me A LOT. So, I have to work up the courage to break it out. But once I did...it was on. Don't get me wrong....I didn't do the most awesome job ever. It is definitely a little wobbly in places. Remember, I'm a beginner. I sewed right on the edges of my table runner, removing pins as I went. I'm pretty sure Mr. Owl loves perching on the new table runner. Just sayin'.I justified my non fancy ways by using a fun stitch. It's in a zig zag pattern. Adds a little fun to it.
There you have it....a very basic table runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment