Monday, June 13, 2011

Office Lamp

I mentioned last week that I was sharing a few oldie but goodie projects since new projects have been slow around here. You got a glimpse of our office lamp in this post but we will get up close and personal with her today...I found her at a local thrift store. I have no before pictures (pre-blog days) but if I remember correctly she was baby blue with gold trim. This was one of my very first projects after we bought our house. I'm happy to say I've progressed with my spray painting knowledge since then. For starters, do not use cheap spray paint. Also, the thinner you can coat the better. I didn't know either one of these things when doing this project --- that's the reason only one side can be displayed:) She ain't so pretty from the back. Live and learn. Overall, this is such an easy project. Just a couple coats of spray paint and your done. A base coat of primer probably wouldn't hurt anything.You can find old lamps at any Goodwill or Thrift store. Just have to see the potential....
Hope you like her...I want to do another lamp soon...I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment