Monday, June 20, 2011

Woven Pin Board

This is another project courtesy of JDC. All of the walls in our house are rather boring. I thought this would be a fun way to add something to our bedroom. I found this 3.00 bulletin board at a junk store and it was on....I bought 2.5 yards of burlap {I only needed 2}. I cut two pieces to fit the board. Leaving about 4 to 5 extra inches on each side.You then measure out 3 inch lines marking them with a sharpie and ruler {don't forget you need to do this in two separate directions}.After cutting you will need to staple the strips of burlap to the edge of your board. I allowed my strips to overlap which was a mistake...it just made it harder to weave them in and out later. So, I would suggest lining them up very close and stapling instead of overlapping and then stapling. Then start weavin.' About 2 hours later {that's in total not just for the weave portion of this event} you will have something like this going on.....don't worry your almost done now:)Several rows of weave later and here she goes....You then need to staple the un-stapled ends. You will have to clean up the frayed burlap pieces. In the end she will look like this....I added a few personal mementos since it is in our master bedroom...We recently have gotten in to reading Dave Ramsey and hope to bunker down on taking some of his advise...this seemed appropriate in that endeavour....A sweet wedding photo...I have an easy tutorial on the 'W' coming soon....
Talon and I watched "No Strings Attached" {really cute and funny} while I worked on this - it took the entire length of the movie to finish it. In the end, worth all 2 hours and 10 dollars I spent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment