Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Portugal Print.

Have I ever been to Portugal? No. Do I want to go to Portugal? Yes and No. I would like to travel anywhere but I cannot say that Portugal is number one on my list. Did I need to buy a Portugal map print at the yard sale last Saturday? OF COURSE.I think I paid 10 or so dollars for this. Probably a little much for a framed print of Portugal but I've got a thing for map and ship photos. I need to get a grip. But since I did make the purchase I thought I would spruce it up a bit with some spray paint. First, I taped off the edges of the frame since it did not appear to be an easy task to pop out the print and mat from the back. Then I taped card stock paper over the rest of the frame to avoid any over spray and extra scrubbing in the end....Portugal now lives in our kitchen....so I can wonder why I purchased a print of Portugal every time I walk in to this room....It still amazes me what a coat of white spray paint can do to anything....I just recently updated another art print here. It's nice to see walls in our house get a little love. We have been in this house for almost two years and still have many bare walls. I like to hold out and wait though...not throw stuff up there. I'm hoping it pays off in the long run...not swapping things out every couple of months. And in this case...so what if I do. It's just a spray painted frame with a Portugal print in it:)
So, here's to random yard sale purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment