Monday, October 24, 2011

Yard Sale'n Saturday

Saturday morning my Mom and I got up bright and early - not really we left at like 8:00 - and set out to do some yard sale'n. We were both yard sale'n newbies but I had heard from a friend that the thing to do was to grab the Saturday newspaper - and find the yard sale section in the classifieds. This was a GREAT tip. They specify whether or not it is an estate sale and also mention the type of items that are going to be at the sale. For example, I was mostly interested in furniture so we detoured away from those that didn't indicate that they had any furniture for sale. So, a little Starbucks and the newspaper we were on our way....We completely hit the jackpot on our very first stop. It was a semi-estate sale. Which I assume means their just trying to get rid of a ton of stuff but not actually emptying out the entire house. This huge old ladder was our very first score....I'm completely obsessed with how amazing it is.Part of our yard sale loot at the end of the day....I've already started working on all of the transformations - can't wait to share them!It was a very long fun day of yard sale'n. Afterwards, we were pretty beat - a lot of walking and bargaining for one day. At the end of it....football with this gal and guy.
Until the next one....

No comments:

Post a Comment