Monday, October 10, 2011

Put a W on it.

I saw this fun idea pinned here. I thought it looked like an easy holiday craft. It would have been...had I not had to do it twice :) It started with this $3.00 pumpkin....I then used a scrap piece of card stock paper, an X-Acto knife and the W from this project to trace out my letter. I did the cutting on a cutting board in the kitchen to avoid cutting anything I shouldn't have. Once my letter was cut out I trimmed up the sides slightly so that it would better fit my pumpkin {this probably wouldn't be necessary if you were working with a gigantic pumpkin - however, mine was tiny}. Then I guesstimated where I wanted to stick my 'W' and started mod podging. It's important when using mod podge to use it underneath the paper and have a thick coat on top. This is about the time I knew things were going south....Once things had dried for a little while...I realized it looked terible. I mean really bad. The paper was all crinkled up and the white letter on the orange pumpkin was just no good. So I started over. This time I started by spray painting my pumpkin white. I also decided to use a piece of scrap book paper that had a pattern. After repeating all the above steps again...I ended up with this cute thing....There are still a few crinkles from the mod podge but on the second go around I realized you could roll out most of them while your mod podge was drying. This made for a much better finish.There you have it....a little pumpkin that we put a W on.
Happy Fall Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment