Friday, April 1, 2011

Three Months Later...

And we have officially "pimped" our garage. We spends TONS of time in our garage...that's where all the Woods Family projects go down. We were ready for the place we are spending all this time in to be a little bit nicer. So, we brainstormed and decided on paint for the walls, paint for the concrete floors and new cabinets for extra storage. So be it, the three month extravaganza began. First -- everything out. Second -- paint the walls. I know it sounds crazy to paint your garage but it made the biggest difference. We live in a neighborhood and it makes me so happy to think that when our garage doors are opened (which is alot due to the large number of projects we are always working on) our neighbors would be looking into something pretty. Talon says I'm crazy and the only person in the world that would care what my neighbors thought about their garage. We also park in the garage -- so it's nice to pull in to something pretty. After painting the walls, Tony Taupe by Sherwin Williams, we moved on to the floors. We used garage floor paint that I found in the Home Depot Oops section for $5.00. Always check the oops section -- never know what you can find. We cleaned the floors with a special cleaner and then Talon rolled the paint on... I got to apply the fun sprinkles you see in garage floor. Here's a glimpse (I'm not crazy enough to show yall a full shot of our garage --it's still a garage and not that pretty): You can see the new paint color on the floor and walls. Then came the cabinets....by far the hardest part of this little adventure. Talon did all the work. I can assure you I did nothing besides hold a few boards every once in a while. Basically, he built these bad boys from scratch. Here is the shell of them after they went up on the wall:
(Remind me not to take pictures with my iphone that photo is terrible.) Below is a photo after they were framed out. We had already started moving stuff in....



Here they are painted and done. Thank you Jesus!



We have TONS of extra storage....


I must add....this was Talon's first time building cabinets...not bad huh? So here's to being SO grateful that this huge project is out of the way. Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment