Friday, April 8, 2011

Outdoor Cushion Makeover

After two summers our outdoor cushions were anything but a pleasure to sit on. Remedying this was on the top of my to do list. I set out to buy new cushions and was insanely shocked at how expensive they were. The cushions that would actually fit our chairs were a fortune and there were not a lot of options in terms of fabric. I called my Mom -- told her the dilemma -- she of course insisted we could recover my current ones for way cheaper and quote "It will be the easiest project you have ever done" - HA. This was last Saturday. Here we are less than a week later and I have new cushions for my patio furniture. Crazy Right? Here's how it all went down... The picture on the left is a better representation of what the majority of the cushions looked like -- faded and gross. Please note, this is not a tutorial but more of a brief overview of what we did.... 1st - tear down the fabric to create a pattern
2nd - Cut out your fabric using the pattern from above.


Here it is...ready to be sewn together. We were able to use the cord from the old cushions which worked out great.
3rd - Lots of sewing (by the way - my mom made me pose for those pictures - I only really sewed together a tiny pillow)....
4th - Stuff your newly created pillows and sew by hand the bottom section of the pillow.

Here they are....Didn't they turn out great? That's the little pillow I made:)
I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby. What do you think about the rug with the fabric pattern? Does it clash?
Can't wait to go home and hang with Tils and Tal on our newly updated patio...

So happy with the final product! If only I could make my plants out there look that good! Big thanks to my Mom for all of her help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment