Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DIY: Greek Key Roman Shade

Sorry for the absence.  We're putting our house on the market and we are furiously (and frantically) finishing home projects.  I'm exhausted and blogging has taken a hit.  Anyhow, I wanted to share the DIY roman shade I completed.


It's for our upstairs (recently renovated) bathroom.  The greek key trim is from M & J Trimming.


Some white duck cloth from Joann's, Greek Key trim and a Home Depot (Providence) natural bamboo shade and viola: 


I was inspired by this photograph:



and I followed John's Journal tutorial.  If you haven't seen her dining room shades, they're amazing!


I would love to do this project again and the greek key trim made me so happy.  I was torn between the green or black greek trim, but I'm so happy I decided to go with the green.  

I do have 3 to 4 yards (60 mm) of the M & J Trimming's black and white Greek Key Jacquard trim if anyone is interested.  It retails for $9.98/yard and I'll sell it for $9.00/yard.  



Let me know if you're interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment