Thursday, August 25, 2011

Drum Roll...I mean Shade...Please

I've been drooling over the drum shade light fixtures that are every where for a good year now. Specifically, this one at West Elm and this one at Crate and Barrel. Those both come with very high price tags. Like 150-200 dollas. Not going to happen on the Woods budget. So, when Tal and I were strolling through IKEA, on my birthday Atlanta trip that I talked about here, and saw this drum shade.... I turned to Talon and almost screamed "can we make a light fixture out of it???" And of course he said yes. It's obviously just a lamp shade...but we knew we could work with it. I couldn't find it on the IKEA website but they had plenty in stock in Atlanta. We bought this pendant light kit at Lowe's for around $10.00.... We also bought a ceiling medallion to fancy it up a little bit. You can find these at Lowe's or Home Depot from any where around 7 bucks to 50. Just depends on how big you want to go....As always, I'm not sure of all the details of how it got hung up there. That's Talon's department. I do know that for less than 50 bucks we have the drum shade light fixture I've been wanting for what feels like foooooooooo-eva. Isn't she great? I'm officially obsessed with IKEA. You find the greatest {and cheapest} things there. Sometimes you just have to think out of the box a little bit...

What do you think? Does it compete with West Elm or Crate and Barrel? Probably not....but I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment