Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sewing Take One

A couple of weeks ago Talon and I invested in a sewing machine. The Singer 4423 Heavy Duty to be exact. So far it's been great and so easy to use. We picked this one for a couple of reasons 1. It was heavy duty {we wanted something that would allow us to sew thicker material in the future} 2. Good Price 3. It's pretty simple {we got some advice not to go with the fancy machines that had the digital screens}. I managed to sew together new pillows for our living room with very little practice beforehand....Sewing is kind of addictive...once I made one I was ready to do 100. I'm sure this is just the horrible beginning of me changing out the pillows in our living room every other month. Sure Talon is pumped about that:) I picked up some inexpensive fabric to play with...but I kind of love them on our couch....I got a little too confident and started on my pouf. Dear Jesus, this isn't working out like I thought it would. So, the pouf will probably stay looking like this until my Mom can come over and help me....

Maybe I'll stick with pillows for now. Anybody have any good sewing tutorials? I would love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment