Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Down the Dusty Trail...

Yep, Dusty Trail was the choice of color for our living room. I mentioned all the color choices here. And thanks to this (The Premium XL Tight Spot Paint Brush) it was so easy. So easy I have plans to paint our hallway asap. It completely eliminated the need for taping -- it makes painting SOOO much easier!! Go buy one. It's G-REAT! And it's only like 5 bucks. Back to the Dusty Trail....We love it. Such a great neutral without being to boring. It also doesn't have any pinkish undertones that you sometimes see when choosing to paint tan on the walls.Our paint before was Davenport Tan by Benjamin Moore. It was a great color BUT it was dark. We have inquired (I say inquired because I'm pretty sure we haven't bought one piece of furniture in our living room - thrifty mcthriftersons is what you can call us) a lot of darker older furniture. We have re-done most of it and usually keep it the darker stained color. We love that look BUT we didn't love how it blended in with our dark walls. So we are especially loving how the new color makes all of our dark furniture pop....I wish I had better photog skills because obviously mine are terrible. This picture best depicts the color....
We're on the neutral band wagon at our house. After much trail and error I've found it's much easier for me to decorate, buy furniture, etc with a neutral background to work with. Anybody else learned this the hard way too? By the hard way, I mean having to paint every room in your house 65498732 times. Sorry about that Tal....

No comments:

Post a Comment