Monday, July 18, 2011

Art Sale: Amanda Stone Talley

I learn so much design from reading blogs, online and shelter magazines - it never ceases to amaze me.  I've also learned a ton from experimenting with my own home and one thing I've realized is that 'art' really makes a home.  I could post a ton of pictures supporting my point, but I know you (my readers) understand and I don't need to convince you.


This past week, I invested in a piece of artwork from a talented artist (who I admire) and am so giddy with excitement.  Since my whole life is about living on a budget, this was a big decision because it is not everyday I have disposable income to invest in art.  But, it just so happens that Amanda Talley is having a Summer Sale on her drawings and I couldn't resist.


After a lot of deliberation, I (with the help of my husband) finally decided on a piece that we love (I am sure I love it more than my husband :)), but what I am thrilled about is that this piece will initially find its way in the nursery but will later be moved around the house.  I like the idea of putting 'adult' art in a nursery as to make it not so 'babyish'.  Here she is in all her glory...


Now, I can't wait for her to come home to mama!!  Think she'll look beautiful with a wide mat and a thin gold frame.  Go now to check out her sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment