Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Painted Wallpaper Tutorial

Did you think the Painted Wallpaper project killed me? Well, it almost did. 5 days later and it is done son. (Note: I could only work on it the few hours I had after work) Thank you Jesus. It was hard - but not too hard - so anyone thinking of doing it do not be discouraged. You can totally do it and it is totally worth it! I started by printing and cutting out the template from Jones Design Company here. Then I traced and traced and traced and traced some more.This process took 2 of the 5 days. I posted photos where my tracing got wobbly.....just so if you are doing it and yours does -- do not worry - you can make a come back when you paint. I searched and searched on the Internet and didn't see anything about anyone having problems with their tracing. I'm here to tell you....your going to but keep on trucking on. You can do it!After two days of tracing I was FINALLY ready to start painting. I used 1/4 inch artist brush {I think they size it as a 2 at most craft stores}. This is all I accomplished on Day 3....It takes a lot longer than you would think to trace all those darn lines. Note: The double lines are tricky - read Jones Design Company's hints here. I suggest practicing on a chalkboard or large piece of paper first. By Day 4 I had gotten the hang of it and I also stayed up WAY past my bedtime to get it here. SO close. Day 5 I was able to finish it up and move everything back in to it's place. Mine is no where near as perfect as Jones Design Company's {Not sure how hers is so darn perfect}. If you look close you can see the imperfections...if you do not...you can't :). Overall, I am not sure it wouldn't just be easier to buy wallpaper I really loved and put it up BUT this was basically free because I already had the paint. No worries...I made up for it in labor hours put in to the project. So, there you have it...how I spent 5 days of my life painting one wall of my house.

Has anyone else painted wallpaper? The best part about it....I can paint over it if I decide I do not like it. Chances are = I'm not painting over it. Tooooooooooooo much hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment