Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chalkboard Semi-Makeover

This is a sweet reminder of how paint can make everything a little bit better. Remember the gigantious chalk board my Dad gave me I posted about here? It has really great bones but you can tell that the chalkboard had been put to good use as its intended purpose of being a chalkboard. That's nothing a little already owned chalk paint could not handle.I taped off the chalkboard {you can see the green frogger tape - I ran out and had to use masking tape - you cannot see it as good in the photo} because I was unsure of what color I would paint the frame when and if I decided to paint it.Here's a better photo of the tape. I must admit my taping skills are becoming quite awesome. A big thanks to my multi-talented husband for teaching me such skills. I used Krylon Chalkboard paint I picked up at Home Depot a while back. Even though I really want to try Valspars Chalkboard paint after reading this post on Young House Love. I applied it with a cheap-o paint brush. It took a little bit longer to apply because it is so thick. And here she is today....big and black. :) Not to mention...very clean and sleek looking. A little side by side comparison....
I've had several chalkboards in our house and find that painting them every once in a while keeps them looking nice and fresh. I'm not big in to the dirty look. Now I just need to go write something fun on it. Have a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment