Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bawk Bawk

Chicken Chicken. I thought I would jump on the chicken wire band wagon. We had this cute old not sure what to call it but all we use it for is storage piece of furniture in our kitchen. When we first got it we replaced some metal inserts that were already there with pieces of chalk board. Since getting the new monster chalkboard in our kitchen {you can read about that here} the what now feels like infant chalkboards were no longer necessary and two chalkboards were a bit much for the kitchen. I mean chalkboards are awesome and all but how many love notes can Tal and I write to each other in chalk????One day this past weekend Talon wanted to go to Tractor Supply. For anyone who hasn't been there - it's like every mans dream. They have real live baby chickens in the store. Craziness. I decided to tag along with Tal and pick up some chicken wire to get the project/party started. I picked up a roll for about 10 dollars. I have TONS left. I could probably build a baby chicken coupe out of all the leftovers but considering Tillie barely likes other dogs {she's really only in to humans} I'm pretty sure her and a baby chicken wouldn't hit it off. Back to the point -- I cut the chicken wire out to my desired size. You can see my measuring technique below - Super Fancy. Step on it and cut with a pair of wire cutters Tal had in his tool belt. Once I had everything cut out I used my cheap as crap from Hobby Lobby staple gun to attach the chicken wire to my door frame. After a few stapes and re-attaching the door frame I was done....It only took me about 30 minutes to do the entire thing. Those are my favorite kind of projects. It's so surprising that when you think of chicken wire you would think cheap but in a way I think it really fancied my still not sure what to call it piece of furniture up.
Anybody else used chicken wire for a project? Anybody else ever been to Tractor Supply? I suggest taking your boyfried/husband/guy-friend for his birthday. I promise he will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment