Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Before & After: Our Upstairs Hallway

It's been forever since I last reported on our upstairs hallway.   I finally completed it.  If you remember (don't worry if you don't because it has been forever), we painted horizontal stripes on the walls.  I loved them, but found it difficult to decorate such a small space with bold walls.  My goal was to brighten the room and I was dead set on having a mirror in the hallway.  We lived with one for a long time, but I wasn't thrilled with it.  I finally ditched the idea and went the graphic route.  I love how it turned out.

After:


After:


Before:


Before:


Even though this took a long time, I have to say I took my time sourcing/finding the items for this hallway.  

Rug: Ikea Erslev
Ceiling fixture: Lowes (This makes the space.  It took me forever to find a stylish flush mount for our v. low ceilings)
Table lamp: Ikea Marby
Tray: West Elm
Poster: Super Rural
Book: Reader's Digest $9 (for a set of 3)
Table: Garage Sale $20
Lamp Shade: Garage Sale $5
Flowers: Gladiolus $5
Artichoke: Garage Sale $2

So, what do you think?  A big improvement in my opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment